Departure and Return Details
Departure Dates: March to November: Daily
Commences: Florence, Italy
Departure Point: Tour commences at Santa Maria Novella station.
Departure Time: 8:00am (arrive strictly at 7:45am)
Return Details: Returns to original departure point at approximately 8:30pm
Itinerary: Florence - Cinque Terre - Florence (L)
Relax as you travel towards the Cinque Terre, listen to stories about Lucca and its famous son Giacomo Puccini, and admire Michelangelo's astonishing marble mountains of Carrara.
Passing just above Manarola (the first village of the Cinque Terre), you'll enter the National Park before tightening your boots for the first section of the trail to Corniglia, a beautiful stretch that finishes with a climb of 382 steps. On the cliff top village of Corniglia a delicious lunch made of fresh Mediterranean seafood and the most authentic pesto pasta is served in a local restaurant with a perfect view of the sea and surrounding hillside.
After lunch, your continue along the steep, ancient path, climbing high up through spectacular terraces of olives towards the village of Vernazza, one of the prettiest and most characteristic of the five towns, where you have free time to sit in one of the cheerful bars and cafés, or even have a cooling swim in the bay.
Next you will take a short train ride to Monterosso, this village is renowned for its beautiful beach and artisan shops. Enjoy free time to taste the local wine, explore the shops or dip your toes in the cool Mediterranean sea. Now, its time to sit back and relax as you enjoy a scenic 40-minute boat ride (weather permitting) along the shores of the Cinque Terre, the journey takes you to Riomaggiore.
In Riomaggiore you begin the last part of the trail, called Via dell'Amore, "Lover's Lane" - a walkway hanging above the sea which leads to Manarola, completing your Cinque Terre visit before returning to Florence by coach.
Please note: Due to a landslide which occurred at the end of September 2012, the famous path "Via dell'Amore" has been closed.
Please note: The total walking route on this tour covers a distance of approximately 3.4 miles (5.5km), most of which is along stone steps, trails, dirt tracks and a small amount of paved sidewalks. The longest section of the walk is a 2.5-mile (4-km) stretch along the steps and this usually takes a person of average-level fitness around 1.5 hours. If weather permits, stops are included in each of the five towns as per the itinerary.
- Local guide
- 40-minute boat ride (weather permitting)
- Rail travel between villages, where necessary
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Meals as per itinerary (L=lunch)
- Entry into Cinque Terre National Park
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Suitable walking shoes required - no flip-flops. Suggestions:walking boots or sneakers, closed toe shoes with non slip soles.
- If you want to swim during free time, please remember to bring your own towel and swimwear.
- On rare occasions the boat ride will stop operating due to bad weather or strong winds. It is beyond our control so no refunds or discounts will be issued.
- A large amount of walking is involved, you must be of average fitness and able to keep up with the rest of the group
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking difficulties, below average fitness, young children or using a wheelchair.
- Minimum age is 12 years.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity. You will receive a link to your voucher via email once your booking is confirmed.
Local Operator Information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.